Rainbow Rice Crispy Treats
One of our kids favorite overly sugared treats would be Rainbow Rice Crispy Treats. Essentially you just substitute the usual cereal for fruity pebbles but the added color makes it that much more special to the kids. This is for a double batch because we are just that big of a family.
What you need:
- 12 cups Fruity Pebbles
- 40 large marshmallows
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 2 casserole dishes
- Large saucepan and spoon
- Wax paper, cling wrap or greased spoon
- Count out 60 large marshmallows (40 for single batch) and place in a saucepan big enough to hold them.
- Add 4 Tbsp (2 Tbsp for single batch) of butter, add to marshmallows in sauce pan.
- Slowly warm up the sauce pan to melt the marshmallows, do not try this on a high heat otherwise you may burn the butter.
- Add 12 cups of Fruity Pebbles(6 for single batch) and add to the melted marshmallows(sometimes I do this first so it is ready to go when the marshmallows are melted.)
- Mix thoroughly.
- Pour into two (one if single batch) heavily greased casserole dishes.
- Spread into the casserole dish. You can place a sheet of either wax paper or cling wrap over the mixture and press it down into the dish to fill it into the corners and keeping your hands from getting insanely sticky. Also I’ve heard of people just using a greased up spoon to do this step as well.
- Leave out to cool off before cutting and serving. Our crew is usually too impatient so a few minutes in the deep freezer will set it up pretty quickly. Do not place in fridge to cool off, it will sweat and get soggy. Only use a deep freezer or the counter for the best results.
From our crew to yours I hope you enjoy this sugary treat as much as we do.